Sustainability and environmental stewardship are cornerstones of CAC's business and the packages we offer.Here are some highlights.
- The log Lodge, and all other buildings, were pre-built off site, and reassembled on site. This minimized the disruption associated with onsite crews and machinery.
- The Lodge was built to accommodate only 8 guests at a time. This is a very small physical footprint.
- A grey water purification system is used.
- CAC uses propane incinerating toilets which create no blackwater discharge, and instead convert all waste to harmless ash.
- A large solar system with 9 solar panels provides electric power, and is designed to minimize generator usage year round.
- CAC did not construct a road to the Lodge site.
- CAC does not build hiking trails. Although there are patterns to hiking routes, with a small group and lots of terrain to work with, CAC can avoid harming the natural ground cover.
"Small, simple and sensitively conceived and built lodge"
"One of B.C's Top Nine Mountain Lodges"
Mallard Mountain Lodge is a classic Canadian log lodge that began construction in the summer 2013.
The Lodge was partially pre-built off site, then flown by helicopter to our very remote Mallard Peaks area of the Rocky Mountains, where the building was completed.
The main floor of the lodge features a living and dining room, with wood fired stove, and kitchen .
The second floor has sleeping bays along the outside walls, divided by interior walls. The beds (one upper & lower in each bay) are custom made oversize twins for lots of space, each fronted by individual black out privacy curtains, and each with a solar light. The second floor also has a separate room for changing, with a counter and sink for wash up etc. & a mountain shower (full sized stall and curtain, hot water container and overhead nozzle) draining into our greywater system.
The Lodge uses solar power for most electricity needs. You can charge your cameras and computers. Wi-fi internet connection is available. The Lodge has a satellite phone (cost per minute applies).
Comfortable toilet facilities are located a short distance from the Lodge in a separate heated and well-lit log building. The toilet is just like at home, except that after being used the toilet incinerates waste instead of flushing it.